R.S.I. solutions?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Sep 25 16:18:39 EDT 2006

Paddy schrieb:
> All this keyboarding has finally caught up with me and I'm getting
> aches in my fingers.
> last weekend I did the round of the usual UK High Street shops - PC
> World, Currys and Comet. I finally got a new Microsoft 4000 ergonomic
> keyboard, but all the ergonomic Mice and trackballs were gone!.
>
> I've finally tracked down a supplier with a large range of pointer
> devices:
>   http://www.keytools.co.uk/mice/default.asp
> But I am unable to try them out before I buy.
>
> I was wondering if any Pythonistas had been through this and found
> something that worked for them?

I bought a TouchStream keyboard and could recommend it - but
unfortunately they are out of business.

But I can share some other advice: go to a physiotherapist and let him
show you some exercises for the back. My problems (both lower arms)
stemmed from my back - even though that seems a bit strange at first.

By doing my exercises regularly I was able to reduce the pain
significantly, and could start working with normal keyboards again (as
my notebook has no touch stream).

Diez