python interpreter on solaris 10

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 13:47:10 EDT 2006

    sam> does anyone know why i'm getting 'there is no installed viewer
    sam> capable of displaying the document'?

You probably need to associate files having .py file extensions with the
Python interpreter.  You've given no indication of the environment you're
using other than "Solaris 10".  There are several different desktop
environments available.  On my machine I have "Common Desktop Environment",
"Java Desktop System, Release 3" (really, it's mostly Gnome) and "Open
Windows".  I imagine how you make that association is different for each
desktop environment.

Skip