Help me use my Dual Core CPU!

Paul Rubin http
Tue Sep 12 20:38:46 EDT 2006

claird at lairds.us (Cameron Laird) writes:
> Me, too.  I'd love to talk over Linda with other aficionados,
> and/or hunt together for an excuse to use her/it.

How about an Mnesia-like database for Python?  (Mnesia is an embedded
database for Erlang programs.)

I see in the PyLinda page that

  * 13/1/05 - Version 0.4
    * Removed SysV shared memory and made Unix Domain Sockets the
       default as they are quicker.

That sounds to me like the shared memory version was broken somehow.
I don't see how a socket-based approach needing context switches could
be faster than a zero-copy, all-userspace approach.

FWIW, I remember seeing a web page about someone else implementing
tuplespace in Python for his home Beowulf cluster, but although it was
written as a C extension, it didn't seem all that serious.  Found it:

  http://willware.net/beowulf.pdf
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxtuples