Isn't bool __invert__ behaviour "strange"?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Fri Sep 22 16:36:57 EDT 2006

Saizan wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that out ( the "!" is a misstyped "|"),

Ah, I suspected so.

> my classes of discrete math have warped my mind with a mix of
> various non-C-style operators notation, I never use bitwise
> operation and this is just a bad day for thinking about things..

Hehe, I know those days ;)

> However I figured out one thing, Python's logic notation is
> readable and complete but not  compact. (which is fine for
> programming, and that's the aim, isn't it?)

Depends. IMHO, readability is fine for programming. In my C++ code,
it happens so often that I forget or overread a "!". And if I want
to understand my functions later on, my brain quite wrinkles
looking at parentheses, !s, &&s and ||s.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #313: