XPN 0.6.5 released

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at
Sun Sep 17 12:23:00 EDT 2006

Franz Steinhaeusler wrote:

> A user defineable Title bar as in Agent would be good.
> (Then I could name the first instance "My News" or so, and the
> second one "Gmane". So easier navigating in Windows and also
> the tips in the task bar could be helpful for that.

Sorry, I repost this, because I accidentially inserted
Signatur headers ("--") to split the points, so again:

A user defineable Title bar as in Agent would be good.
(Then I could name the first instance "My News" or so, and the
second one "Gmane". So easier navigating in Windows and also
the tips in the task bar could be helpful for that.

I find it useful in every program to have accelerator keys for
buttons, radio boxes, ...; this means for example the underscor letter
on the first letter in the label. Some are, some are not.

The line spacing (vertically) in the header is a little higher than in wxPython programs
or also in Forte agent. I suspect, this is a "feature" in PyGtk.
narrower lines would display more headers, this means more headers would be visible at once.

Is Saving attachments possible? I didn't see a menu point, nor are the threads
are marked, having an attachment.

An option to set X-No Archive default in the subscribed groups would be
nice.

Only an open thought:

I (am/was) a member of the python editor DrPython written in wxPython.
(Project is on the sourceforge page).
I contributed some plugins for that, and I like the idea very much.
The core of the program remains relativly small, and all the users can
extend the program.
The author do not have to fulfil all feature requests in the core,
and can tell the users to extend the functionality with a plugin
himself, or can assist him.
And aside from writing plugins, I enjoyed.
We have an repository of the plugins and there are far more than 10 available.
Would such an idea make sense for XPN?

XPN seems pretty stable and I enjoy this program more and more!

Cheers,

--
Franz Steinhaeusler