Addendum (was: creating a small test server on my local computer)

Mirco Wahab wahab at chemie.uni-halle.de
Fri Sep 29 15:54:52 EDT 2006

Thus spoke Mirco Wahab (on 2006-09-29 21:32):
> Thus spoke John Salerno (on 2006-09-29 21:13):
>> Irmen de Jong wrote:
>>> Why do you need to use Python for the server?
>> Well, perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm on an XP machine
> My advice would be (because Apache installations on

> download a pre-built virtual machine w/Apache and
> Python preinstalled and configured (=> 190MB):
>    ( http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/lamp/build?id=4912 )
> and give the virtual machine a shared ip number
> on your own network card (mostly trivial) - thats it.

forget this virtual appliance (above), better use
this one:

 http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/289
 [Python Web Developer Appliance]
 includes a complete set of tools for developing and
 deploying web applications using Python

The only problem here - it's OpenBSD based ;-))

But they have a nice documentation somewhere:
http://www.mcguru.net/download/pyweb/pyweb-ug/index.html

M.