does anybody earn a living programming in python?

MaR Maria.Reinhammar at accalon.com
Tue Sep 26 05:03:34 EDT 2006

  walterbyrd wrote:
  > If so, I doubt there are many.

My share of the waterfall :o)

I do earn my (preposterously nice *wink*) salary from doing *all* major
efforts, at the company I work for, in Python.
Not only that, since I started out here some 5 years ago, nearly all
software development of new thingys have moved to.. right! Python! That
adds three more people.
(We do use some Java for PDA's and also C++, the last just for
maintenance of older SW)
And even more, some of our PLC programmers use Python to auto-render
PLC code for Siemens(!), significantly increasing their productivity in
each and every project.

So I guess you just have to listen in on the right frequencies *wink
again*

//M