Pythondocs.info : collaborative Python documentation project

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 12:10:51 EDT 2006

> > > That said...the Python docs are open source. Just start going through
> > > them and adding examples.
> >
> > ASPN (activestate) is a good place for examples...
>
> Yes, but that requires a separate search and depends on an external
> organization. Wouldn't it be great if relevant examples were a single
> click away from official documentation on any given module?  Examples
> could either come in via a wiki approach, or maybe in some cases from
> the doctests, which would be nice to have alongside handy access to the
> source code.

Since the activestate site is already an established repository for
code snippets and examples I don't think it would be a good idea to
start a new one. What would be very useful though is more visible
links on the python.org site to the activestate repository where
appropriate. I'm not sure the pyhon.org people would want to promote
activestate though, nevertheless it would be a great help to many.