Pythondocs.info : collaborative Python documentation project

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sun Sep 17 17:30:34 EDT 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:10:51 +0200,
	Daniel Nogradi <nogradi at gmail.com> wrote:
> start a new one. What would be very useful though is more visible
> links on the python.org site to the activestate repository where
> appropriate. I'm not sure the pyhon.org people would want to promote
> activestate though, nevertheless it would be a great help to many.

There's no reason not to link to ActiveState... but are there RSS
feeds or some similar mechanism to get all the recipes for a
particular module?

Fredrik Lundh also proposed a way to publish examples that get linked
from the documentation <http://effbot.org/zone/idea-seealso.htm>, and
there's some code in the Python sandbox for incorporating links
(sandbox/seealso).

However, this code isn't used at the moment because I have no idea
what to do about version controlling the links.  Do we just use the
current links whenever the HTML is generated?  Make a copy of the list
and commit them into SVN, so the links cease to be updated but are
consistent for a given version's docs?  It would be nice to figure out
what to do.

--amk