XPN 0.6.5 released

Nemesis gnemesis2001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 05:03:24 EDT 2006

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> > XPN is monothreaded, so when it is downloading the headers (it is a
> > monolotic job) the progress bar can't be updated.
> Why?  I guess there's a loop involved.  Can't you update the GUI after
> each message?

If you use the "Donwload New Headers" function XPN will download the
header for the subscribed groups, for each group it has to send the
NNTP command XOVER to retrieve the new headers. For each group I update
the interface when the XOVER command ends, so the interface gets
updated betweenfor every group but if there are a lot of new headers
the XOVER command can take a lot of time ... and during this time I
can't update the interface.
This is the pseudo-code

for group in subscribed:
    nntplib.xover(group)