Makin search on the other site and getting data and writing in xml

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 27 05:27:33 EDT 2006

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <mailman.777.1159341826.10491.python-list at python.org>, Ben Finney
> wrote:
>

>>Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:

>>>[sigh]. Right, Lawrence, sorry I wasn't quite explicit enough for you.
>>
>>Seems like a fairly important distinction. Google has the power to
>>"chop your searching ability off at the knees" only to the extent that
>>you grant them that power.
>

> Saying "search" when you mean "Google" is like saying "using a PC" when you
> mean "using Microsoft Windows".

Well, I thought it was self-evident that since I was referring to Google
I wasn't talking about Alta Vista searching. If I said "Microsoft have
the ability to terminate your license" presumably you'd chastise me by
pointing out that they wouldn't be able to revoke my *Linux* license.
Whatever.

"There's none as thick as them that wants to be."

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119