Syntax suggestion.

samir samirbenabid at linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 5 06:18:52 EDT 2006

Saluton!

Alex Martelli wrote:
> GVIM (and the normal Python interpreter) work better for me: to perform
> such a task, I would always write (and run) a script, of course (the
> purpose of the chroot step is somewhat mysterious here, btw).  If I have
> to perform a strange and complex task once, it's likely that I will have
> to perform some variant of it again in the future, and having the script
> around will make it easy to edit and tweak.  Furthermore, having the
> script around can be a useful indicator when I'm later trying to
> reconstruct exactly what it is that I did.

And that's what any concious humain will do in such situation. What I
ment is that, sometimes, you have to work in real time and have no time
to code->test->debug->... cycle. For example when monitoring or forging
some IP packets (you can fake a "fantom" Sun workstation in your home
network like that ;) and need a realtime custom check function or when
you're using your computer as a "desk scientific calculator" you'd like
to have a flexible, powerfull and light-weight-syntax interpretted
programming language.

That language would be with no doubt Python! But, why not, with lighter
syntax.

Adiaux!
Samir