Syntax suggestion.

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Mon Sep 4 15:34:59 EDT 2006

samir <samirbenabid at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> That depends of your need to such tools. For example if you need to
> copy a file, then, resolve a linear system then chroot and set the
> password as de hexadecimal representation of the hash function of pi
> multiplied by the averge of the solution coordinations +_+, you'll need
> IPython ;)

GVIM (and the normal Python interpreter) work better for me: to perform
such a task, I would always write (and run) a script, of course (the
purpose of the chroot step is somewhat mysterious here, btw).  If I have
to perform a strange and complex task once, it's likely that I will have
to perform some variant of it again in the future, and having the script
around will make it easy to edit and tweak.  Furthermore, having the
script around can be a useful indicator when I'm later trying to
reconstruct exactly what it is that I did.

Alex