does anybody earn a living programming in python?

Simon Brunning simon at brunningonline.net
Wed Sep 27 05:14:54 EDT 2006

On 26 Sep 2006 13:43:24 -0700, Fuzzyman <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon Brunning is a Pythonista in his spare time but uses
> Java at work. He has got Jython fairly deeply embedded though.

Sure do. We also use Python for a lot of internal tools, the most
complex probably being a fairly extensive code generator. (If you
think you need to generate Python, you are almost certainly taking the
wrong approach, but Java is repetitive, static, verbose and just plain
hideous enough that code generation can be a good solution.)

--
Cheers,
Simon B,
simon at brunningonline.net