[ANN] Code Golf Challenge : 1,000 Digits Of Pi

Carl Drinkwater carl at carldr.com
Mon Sep 18 10:52:39 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Code Golf's 12th challenge has just been added to the site.  It asks you
to calculate the first 1,000 digits of Pi - Something I'm sure most of
you have thought about, but never done.  You can see the challenge at :

   http://codegolf.com/1000-digits-of-pi

For those who haven't heard of codegolf.com, it can be described as
"allowing you to show off your code-fu by trying to solve coding
problems using the least number of keystrokes."

The site currently supports Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby with Scheme to
(hopefully) follow soon.  Your entries are automatically executed and
scored - No need to wait for someone to validate your code.

Other challenges include implementing the Vigenere Cipher, Prime
factors, SHA-256 Hashing as well as the obvious 99 Bottles Of Beer.  All
of the challenges are competitive but there is still scope to well in
them, even if you're new to the site.

I hope some of you will find this interesting, and sorry for disturbing
you if not!

Have fun,
Carl.