Embed Python in HTML?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:30:28 EDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Sean Hammond <S.P.Hammond at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but I sometimes write custom dynamic web-pages
> using PHP, by simply embedding PHP in HTML with <?php ?> tags, and
> renaming for example index.html to index.php and making it executable. I
> only use this for very minor things like calling a script, and don't
> really want to learn any more PHP as it looks awful. So I was wondering,
> is it possible to throw together dynamic web pages like this using
> Python or other languages? If so, can anyone point me to any relevant
> tutorials, references or other info?

Dear Sean,

You have _lots_ of choices. Many web frameworks provide exactly what
you want, and then some. And I guess what could make your choice
harder is deciding how much of that "some" you want.

I'd start going over:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

(or
http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebProgramming