Embed Python in HTML?

Sean Hammond S.P.Hammond at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 15:17:14 EDT 2006

Forgive my ignorance, but I sometimes write custom dynamic web-pages
using PHP, by simply embedding PHP in HTML with <?php ?> tags, and
renaming for example index.html to index.php and making it executable. I
only use this for very minor things like calling a script, and don't
really want to learn any more PHP as it looks awful. So I was wondering,
is it possible to throw together dynamic web pages like this using
Python or other languages? If so, can anyone point me to any relevant
tutorials, references or other info?

Thanks