Installing Python on a 64-Bit OS

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 07:08:24 EDT 2006

> Several changes have been made to Python 2.4 and 2.5 to support
> AMD64-Linux better, and not all of these changes have been
> incorporated into Python 2.3, as this software is no longer
> maintained.

> As others have said: you should really try to use the python 2.4
> that comes with the operating system. Can you share the reason why
> you have to use Python 2.3?

I actually should use the Python 2.3.5 for an application server called
  "Zope" and a Zope product that officially does not support the latest
Zope version yet. The latest stable Zope version requires > Python 2.4.2
so I'll installed Python 2.4.3. and I am trying to get it running.

Thanks for the tips.

Nico