upgrade 2.4 -> 2.5 HowTo

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Mon Sep 4 08:10:27 EDT 2006

Helmut Jarausch schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> what has to be done for upgrading from Python 2.4 to 2.5?
>
> - How can I find out which packages (in addition to the core packages)
> have been
>   installed up to now
> - Can I just copy   /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages  to
>                     /usr/local/lib/python2.5 ?
>
> Many thanks for a hint,

Which OS?

Windows: control panel / software will list all python packages which
came with separate installers.

Linux: the package manager of your distribution should tell you what's
installed.

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek, Abt. Naturwiss.