Verify an e-mail-adress - syntax and dns

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 24 08:18:23 EDT 2006

Bjoern Schliessmann <usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com> writes:

> Ingo Linkweiler wrote:
>
> > yes, I do this allready. But it would be nice to do some checks
> > before to avoid wrong user inputs.
>
> What do you do if the user inputs a "wrong" address? If you reject
> with an error message, the medium intelligent user will enter
> something like
>
> sdjfgsdjhg at gmx.net
>
> as next try, circumventing your test.

I believe Ingo is checking for the case where the user intended to
enter a valid email address, and made a typing error resulting in a
trivially invalid one.

--
 \      "'Did you sleep well?' 'No, I made a couple of mistakes.'"  -- |
  `\                                                     Steven Wright |