XPN 0.6.5 released

Nemesis gnemesis2001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:11:12 EDT 2006

Franz Steinhaeusler wrote:
> A few other notes (or should I post into the feature requests on
> sourceforge?)

To be honest I do not check sourceforge forums very often. If you want
you can also send me an email (the email is written in the readme
file).

> little point: I find it superfluos on the header pane, to always have
> the term "Re:" before (it would probaly easier to read without this
> text).

Maybe that's true ... but I tend not to modify the informations I show,
I like not to elaborate to much the articles.

> an option possibly (as in agent): if you click on the tree the "+" sign,
> it would be more convenient (for me) to open *all* subbranches, this
> means show all responses headers for this thread.

I should change the behaviour of the expander and that's not a correct
way of acting.
You can expand the whole thread with the command "Expand Selected
Subthread" in the "Subscribed Groups" menu (or on the Toolbar). If you
want you can associate a shortcut to this function ... there is also a
standard GTK shortcut for this function SHIFT+CTRL+NUMPAD_PLUS
where NUMPAD_PLUS is the plus key on the numpad.

> if you change the groups, it would be nice to remember the position of
> the last readed thread in the header pane, which means changing forth
> and back to a certain group (as option for example).

that's an optimization I've thinking about for a while ... but at the
moment I don't know how to implement it.