I need some tips to begin a simple project

codefire tony.bedford at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:17:28 EDT 2006

dutche wrote:

> Now, that I know a bit of Python, I want to make some simple project, I
> thought something like a menu, just like "kxdocks" menu or something
> like that, with transparency and all with xml. But I dont know what
> things I have to know.

Start with some simple non-gui apps first. How about a text based
lottery number picker program - you can add a GUI later :)

Writing GUI apps takes a bit of experience - I have done it in other
languages but not Python (yet).

There are several good GUI toolkits TK as mentioned and also wxPython
is worth looking at.

Tony