XPN 0.6.5 released

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Sun Sep 17 03:42:44 EDT 2006

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Franz Steinhäusler" scriveva:

>>> Ah, great. I changed, this was not working immediatly.
>>> So I remembered, most often you have to restart the App, and so its is
>>> working.
>>Here is working fine.
> I am on windows, is there maybe a difference (?).

I don't think so, I use XPN alo on Win2000 and WinXP and this shortcut
works fine on Windows too.

[threading]
> Aha, I don't understand all the details anyway, in Forte the same
> thread was ordered in.

The References header contains the Message-id of the article as they
appear in the thread, the last message-id in the references field is the
message-id of the parent article.
In-Reply-To is similar ... but it contains only the message-id of the
parent article, it is not a standard usenet header it is used by
mail-agents.
I use only References to build threads ... maybe Agent uses also
In-Reply-To.

>>It's a focus issue, in the search dialog the focus is set on the entry.
>>The Esc key is not binded to any button by default.
> That would be convenient, pressing "Enter" to perform the awaited
> process and cancel to abandon the dialogue.

But in the search dialog before you start the search you have to write
what you are searching ... so the software must be set on the entry.

> If you don't mind, I will make a thorough test :-)
> I don't want to bother more than necessary.
> I want to make it happen, that XPN will be my "default" Newsreader!!!
> Many thanks again for your answers and this wonderful piece of
> sofware!

Thank you for your suggestions.

--
A user and his leisure time are soon parted.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org