a different question: can you earn a living with *just* python?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 26 18:26:04 EDT 2006

John Salerno <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> writes:

> But what if you are an expert Python program and have zero clue
> about other languages? Can you still earn a living that way, or do
> most/all companies require multiple language proficiency?

I certainly wouldn't hire someone, for any programming team I've been
a part of, who claimed to be an "expert" in one language but knew
little about anything else.

Most of the value I get from "expert" programmers is their broad
knowledge of many topics, techniques, and *tools*.

--
 \      "An idea isn't responsible for the people who believe in it."  |
  `\                                    -- Donald Robert Perry Marquis |