Running python from a usb drive

cjl cjlesh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:34:22 EDT 2006

Jordan:

Thank you for your reply.

> If making a usb version of python was that easy, movable python would
> be open source.

I knew about movable python, but I'm not using it because it's not open
source. I guess those guys but some work into it, and feel like a small
fee is appropriate, but I guess I would rather use something open, even
if it means I have to make it myself.

> Copying the Python24 directory is a good start, but doesn't include the
> enormous number of registry keys that are included in the install and
> are probably needed for the complete capabilites of python.

Is the source of the windows python installer available? I guess I
could see what registry keys they are setting...

> Environmental Variables? Try setting the user/system variable "pythonpath"

I do set pythonpath, see above.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
CJL