Syntax suggestion.

samir samirbenabid at linuxmail.org
Sun Sep 3 16:43:41 EDT 2006

Saluton!

Simon Forman wrote:
>But think of all the curly braces around code blocks that you've never
had to type!  ;-)

That's why I left java to jython!

Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:
>This actually exists.
>The language which omits punctuation not actually required to resolve
ambiguity is called Ruby.
>Ruby is subject to a lot of love/hate over this.

It's late, now I talk Python HSSSHSSHS HSSHSS HS :)

I think that Ruby is a good scripting language for game engines but not
as good as Python to do some serious scientific processes (or, at least
Ruby doesn't have all the necessary "batteries").

Talking of games, "Blade of Darkness" was scripted entirely in Python
(1.5 I think)
:)

Sybren Stuvel wrote:
> But how would you discern between a function reference and a function
> call?

That would be a problem with two solutions:
1- If the function doesn't have any parameters, it will be called with
the empty parentheses (just like usual!);
2- to indicate that this is a function call, we would be adding a $ at
the end of the statement.

Gxis la reskribo
Samir