Python style: to check or not to check args and data members

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Sep 1 05:24:58 EDT 2006

Joel Hedlund wrote:

<OT>
> Bruno >> Your email address seem to be wrong.

let's say "disguised" !-)

> I tried to reply to you
> directly in order to avoid thread bloat but my mail bounced.

I don't think it's a good idea anyway - this thread is on topic here and
may be of interest to others too IMHO.

And while we're at it : please avoid top-posting.
<OT>

> Thanks for the quick reply though. I've skimmed through some docs on
> your suggestions and I'll be sure to read up on them properly later. But
> as I said to Robert Kern in this thread, this does not really seem
> resolve the
> problem of setting an approprate level of validation.

The "appropriate" level of validation depends on the context. There's
just no one-size-fits-all solution here. The only guideline I could come
with is too be paranoïd about what comes from the outside world and
mostly confident about what comes from other parts of the application.

--
bruno desthuilliers