Fatal error after RE-installing Python 2.3.4

Cappy2112 cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 14:17:13 EDT 2006

> What happens when you run "C:\Python2.3\python.exe" from the command
> line (or the equivalent path)? How about pythonw.exe (or the windowed
> equivalent, not sure about the naming)?

>>Are .py and .pyw files displayed with the correct icons?
Yes.

>>When installing Python packages, is Python 2.3 detected as the default installation?
Yes

>>> Finally, does your $PATH include the Python directory? That could also
> cause problems if it doesn't.

I doubt that the path would cause this type of problem. If the path
wasn't found the exe wouldn't run, and this error wouldnt be displayed.

>>> And, what sorts of warnings did PyChecker display? Missing files/modules?
Missing modules, mostly, but Pychecker isnt a concern at this point.
It was merely what prompted me to re-install everything.

All of my tests scripts could be executed via python my script.py, from
a cmd console before I re-installed.

I have unisntaleld & re-installed Python 2.3.4 many times- using
different installers, to eliminate a corrupted installation medmium,
but they all result in the same error when I run python from a cmd
console.