Python component model

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Mon Oct 9 14:24:47 EDT 2006

In <W5wWg.7118$Y24.2917 at newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Edward Diener
No Spam wrote:

> I believe that Python should have a common components model for all RAD
> development environments, as that would allow the Python programmer to
> create a set of classes representing components which would work in any
> environment. I want to immediately point out that components do not
> simply mean visual GUI components but what may be even more important,
> non-visual components. Having used RAD development environments to
> create applications, I have found such environments almost always much
> better than coding complex interactions manually, and I believe that
> visual development environments are almost a necessity in today's world
> of large-scale, multi-tier, and enterprise applications.

IMHO those RAD tools in other languages are in place to avoid writing much
boring boiler plate code.  At least that is what those tools usually
produce: tons of code that the programmer should leave alone or the round
trip, RAD tool → code → RAD tool, does not work anymore.  If you come
across such a situation while programming in Python it is almost always
easy to factor out most of it.  Python itself is a RAD tool.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch