3D Vector Type Line-Drawing Program

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Wed Oct 11 13:40:39 EDT 2006

Ron Adam wrote:
> Scott David Daniels wrote:
>>

>> Take a look at VPython -- easy to start, 3-D display (wall-eye /
>> cross-eye) easy to run on.
>
> I really like VPython because of how easy it is to use once you are
> familiar with it.
>
> Is there a way to have the display show a wire frame image instead of
> shaded shapes?
You can draw the edges as lines.

 > And with or without hidden line removal?
Not that I know of.  The distinction would be whether you actually build
the objects.  Certainly for something like this you would be working
with something like a "faces" object rather than a fully 3-D object.

> Is there an easy way to convert a display to something that can be printed?

You can generate POV-ray source.  This is not a system for creating
beautiful pictures, but rather a great 3-D sketch pad.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org