can regular ol' python do a php include?

Tue Oct 10 10:18:56 EDT 2006

Whenever I turn an eye back toward website design, I find myself making
frequent use of PHP's include function (or SSI's include directive). So
I'm curious, is there a way to do this with Python using just the
standard library?

I know that PSP allows you to embed like PHP, but I don't have access to
this. Basically I'm working on a server that has Python 2.2 available
for me to use. I could also use PHP's include, but I like sticking with
Python. SSI isn't available or I'd probably just use that.

I get the feeling the answer is no, but maybe there's something I've
missed that will allow me to do this.

Thanks.