Debugging

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Mon Oct 23 07:10:37 EDT 2006

Fulvio wrote:
> ***********************
> Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
> ***********************
>

> On Saturday 21 October 2006 23:43, R. Bernstein wrote:
>> (I think all of this is the case also with pdb, but someone might
>> check on this; it's possible breakpoints in pdb start from 0 instead
>> of 1 as is the  case in gdb/pydb.)
>
> Thank you for your details. The pdb that I'm talking about, can be found
> in /usr/lib/python2.4/pdb.py (an C:\python2.4\lib\pdb.py for the win32
> version).
> I'll give a look to pydb site...
>
> The previous post I might have missed some explaination on my proceeding. I'd
> say that I'm testing a small program under pdb control
> (python /usr/lib/python2.4/pdb.py ./myprog.py). So pdb will load myprog and
> stop the first line code.
> Once I'm at the pdb command line I can issue the commands available inside the
> pdb itself. Concerning the mentioned BP function I meant to set a
> counter/function which let the BP run until reach the true condition.
> Then "condition" is one of the pdb commands which let add a conditon to a BP.
> The reference Manual gives information for all the pdb functions, but aren't
> detailed, specially on how to set up BP conditions,  like countdown,

"""
ignore bpnumber [count]

    Sets the ignore count for the given breakpoint number. If count is
omitted, the ignore count is set to 0. A breakpoint becomes active when
the ignore count is zero. When non-zero, the count is decremented each
time the breakpoint is reached and the breakpoint is not disabled and
any associated condition evaluates to true.
"""

> timed

saw nothing about this one... but perhaps with

> and
> camparison conditions.

"""
condition bpnumber [condition]

    Condition is an expression which must evaluate to true before the
breakpoint is honored. If condition is absent, any existing condition is
removed; i.e., the breakpoint is made unconditional.
"""

HTH
--
bruno desthuilliers