wing ide vs. komodo?

Theerasak Photha hanumizzle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:03:26 EDT 2006

On 10/13/06, hg <hg at nospam.com> wrote:

> I have spend the past two years with eclipse/pydev ... a few issue are
> still troublesome to me (speed, search for definitions ... being a few
> of them) ... and until two days ago I had not even looked at Wing as I
> wrongly thought it was on Windoze-based. But I must must admit I am
> impressed - yet I feel it would be stupid to not look carefully at
> Komodo ... hence my questions.

I haven't used Komodo personally. I like Emacs. However:

1) *Appearing* sparse doesn't mean much---Emacs 22's GTK interface
'looks' sparse as well, and sparse is the last word that comes to mind
when I think of Emacs
2) I've *heard* good things about Komodo before from others---it might
just be awesome

Perhaps you could try the Eric IDE? I hear SPE is not in active
dev.--- a pity to be sure, but I have used Eric before and found it
pretty easy to use and featureful.

-- Theerasak