question about True values

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 27 13:24:32 EDT 2006

In article <slrnek3kvc.aqe.apardon at rcpc42.vub.ac.be>,
 Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> I think you are incorrect.

Thanks!  I rest my case!

> And how do I express that a number has to be greater than
> 100 into a Nothing vs Something dichotomy? Declare all
> greater numbers as Something and the rest as Nothing?

Well, would you declare numbers less than 100 False?

Think about it in more philosophical terms.  What is Truth?
The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy may be some help
with this - http://www.iep.utm.edu/t/truth.htm

Then when you get tired of that, suppose that "if" and
"while" are asking for "yes" and "no", instead of "true"
and "false", and ask yourself if we have the philosophical
problems with "yes" that we do with "true".

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu