I like python.

Fidel fidel.andrade at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 19:55:55 EDT 2006

Thank you Jerry. That was exactly what I was looking for. The script
in fact does call an external program and give it a command from a
randomized list.  Specifically it is a random wallpaper setter using
the windows version of bsetroot. script scans a directory, creates a
list of viable walls and tells bsetroot to set the wallpaper.  Using
popen instead of system did the trick handily. I thank you verily.

On 20 Oct 2006 14:21:59 -0700, Jerry <jweida at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2:59 am, Fidel <fidel.andr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could someone please tell me what I need to put into a python script
> > to not have a window come up however briefly? Like when I double click
> > on the script, it will do it's job but won't open a command window
> > then close it.. I hope that explains what I'm looking for.  If I see
> > the line I can figure out by syntax where it should go. I'm really
> > good at learning the gist of languages by syntax.  Thank you all for
> > your time
>
> Are you running any external commands by using os.system() or
> os.exec()?  If you are running a program that is a console program
> (i.e. copy, move, del, etc...) then it will open up a command window to
> run it.  If that is the case, then you can try using the os.popen()
> utility instead.
>
> --
> Jerry
>
> --