ZODB: single database, multiple connections

Petra Chong petra.chong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 07:47:57 EST 2006

> > If I have a Python shell open and run the above two lines, if I run the
> > write process repeatedly, the above "data" object never contains any of
> > the newly added items. To pick them up I have to totally recreate the
> > "db" object.
>
> You say that like it's hard to do ;-)

It isn't, but this was the problem:

It took 15 seconds to open the database, so I thought that I shouldn't
be recreating the database and should be refreshing it. There is
nothing in the docs that says that the right behaviour is to recreate
it.

However, I then put some debug statements around it (I know, I know, I
could have used profiling) to find out exactly what was taking 15
seconds. Turned out there was some rubbish in the db that shouldn't
have been there. I got rid of it, and now it doesn't take 15 seconds to
recreate the database.

So- I am now recreating the db, and my problem is solved.