passing values to a program

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 19 02:07:04 EDT 2006

Eric_Dexter at msn.com wrote:

>      I almost have this thing running like I want it to run but I want
> the values to come from the program that calls this one.  There are two
> things I want to pass File_Name and CutString.  They both need to go to
> loadFile routine of Class WordGrid to replace constants.

note that your code is already using "sys.argv" to read arguments from
the command line (inside the main function), so obviously you know how
to do that, and your code is passing arguments around (to both the
constructor and the main function), so obviously you know how to do that.

so what's the problem here?  why not just use the mechanisms you already
know how to use?

</F>