What's the best IDE?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:09:21 EDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006 12:14:57 -0700, Adam Jones <ajones1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> emacs

(...)

> > It would be fine for a begginer, right?
>
> Probably not. I think you have to spend enough time with environments

Actually, I've read similar things before and I don't quite get it. I
guess all of us are Emacs begginers the first time we try emacs.
Actually, I started using Emacs about 1 month after installing Linux;
what hooked me was the possibility of editing code AND submit it to an
inferior process, just like that (this I experienced first with R, but
of course you can do the same with Python) and using the same
environment for all of my editing and programming tasks.

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Statistical Computing Team