Gadfly server startup error

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 09:42:06 EDT 2006

> Is anybody out there who has used the server+client operation
> mode successfully?

Well, several years ago, yes.

Since then the project was taken over by some volunteers
and they did an excellent job of
restructuring and modernizing (somewhat) the
*standalone* part of gadfly, but apparently they
didn't port the *client/server* component properly.
As it stands the client server portion is broken now.
(I hadn't tried it after the port, sorry).

I think if you find an older (pre-sourceforge)
tarball it will work.  I will try
to find time to fix this, unless someone else wants
to have a try.  Sorry!

Also, the reference to the new release on the
site refers to a mini-release I did a year or more
ago which fixed various bugs and also added
an xsdb interface component.

   -- Aaron Watters

===
There once was a man from Japan
whose limericks never would scan
when told this was so
he said "yes, I know,
but I always try to put as many words in the last line as I possibly
can."