Gadfly server startup error

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 12:19:01 EDT 2006

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Is anybody out there who has used the server+client operation
> > mode successfully?
>
> Well, several years ago, yes.

I looked into it and it was mainly a documentation and
test issue, I think.  The code seems to work.

Please go

  http://gadfly.sourceforge.net/gadfly_server_test.zip

and look at the readme.  I will try to fold this in to the
distribution sometime soon.

from the README in the zip:

==========
gadfly_server_test readme

This directory provides a proof of concept test run of the
gadfly server components. It requires gadfly to be installed
in the local python installation ( http://gadfly.sourceforge.net ).

Please see the doc string at the top of gfstest.py for details.

Example demo run sequence (in Windows installations the "python" prefix
is optional):

1. Set up the database.
     % python gftest.py dbtest

2. Start the server
     % python gfstest.py start

   This starts an infinite server loop in the current console.

3. SWITCH TO ANOTHER WINDOW and run test queries.
     % python gfstest.py queries

4. Shut down the server.
     % python gfstest.py shutdown

   -- Aaron Watters