Debugging

Fulvio fulvio at tm.net.my
Tue Oct 24 12:15:09 EDT 2006

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 00:59, R. Bernstein wrote:
> analogous the command of the same name in gdb.

That's available as pdb in the same directory. I didn't try it yet.
About pydb, I may say that triggered my curiosity and I'll give it a try.

> Should you want to somehow build such a debugger script from an
> interactive debugging session, "set history" and "set logging" might
> be helpful.

Well, in my normal use (as I was used to do with "trace" in Arexx :-) ), I'm
putting the program on hold and run it from inside pdb. I don't know
procedures by use of command file set.
In such mode I might seed some breakpoint at keypoint of the program and when
there it stops I investigate some of the critical variable used in that
point, to see if all goes as expected.