Book about database application development?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 05:20:15 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

>  Python has a half dozen GUI toolkits, and multiple adapters for
> databases (some don't even follow DB-API2 specs). All independently
> written. So no, you are not going to find, say, a grid widget that
> automatically links to a database table/view/cursor, with bi-directional
> updates.

Aren't we going round in circles here? There presumably are grid
widgets connected to database tables/views/cursors, if only exposed via
user interface toolkits and other frameworks such as PyQt, Dabo and so
on, but I thought the questioner wanted to know how to implement these
things from the ground up.

Paul