PSF Infrastructure has chosen Roundup as the issue tracker for Python development

beliavsky at aol.com beliavsky at aol.com
Sun Oct 22 00:12:24 EDT 2006

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> On 10/20/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > At the beginning of the month the PSF Infrastructure committee announced
> > that we had reached the decision that JIRA was our recommendation for the
> > next issue tracker for Python development.

I wonder if the committee has really decided on a PROBLEM or BUG
tracker, not an "issue" tracker. For some silly reason, "issue" has
become a euphemism for "problem" nowadays. It is worth keeping in mind
the difference. Questions about the future direction of Python, such as
(for example) whether there should be optional static typing, are
"issues". Python crashing for some reason would be a "problem".