Screen capture on Linux

Paolo Pantaleo paolopantaleo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:15:29 EDT 2006

Thnx everybody for the help,

actually I need somethin slightly different. I found about some
external process that can capture the screen, but since I need to
captyre the screen up to 4-5 times a second, I don't want to fork a
new process every time, so I was looking for some library...[This
method works good on Windows]

If needed, I was thinking to write a C module too. I never did it
before, but I am a not so bad C programmer... any suggestion? What
code can I read and eventually reuse? Would the xwd be useful?

Anyway doesn't it exist a Python binding for let's say X APIs ?
[I know about nothing about X programing]