Python component model

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Oct 10 04:39:00 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin schrieb:
> "Nick Vatamaniuc" <vatamane at gmail.com> writes:
>> Python does not _need_ a component model just as you don't _need_ a RAD
>> IDE tool to write Python code. The reason for having a component model
>> or a RAD IDE tool is to avoid writing a lot of boiler plate code.
>
> It's also so that applications written in differing languages can call
> each other.

Nope. Things like CORBA and COM do have that property, but e.g. the Java
beans spec has only a meaning inside the VM. Not sure about .NET, but I
can imagine there it's the same thing.

All the languages he mentioned are statically typed, or the component
models themselves are. So the component model is basically needed (as
others also mentioned) to glue things together, to dynamize that -
whereas python is dynamic on the first hand, and actually lacks static
typing to infer component properties...

Diez