windev vs python SOS

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Oct 1 09:43:28 EDT 2006

Wolfgang Keller wrote:
>>Links abour Windev for those who like facts :
>>
>>http://www.windev.com/pcsoft/testimonials/index.html
>>http://www.pcsoft.fr/annonce10/photos.html
>>http://www.pcsoft.fr/pcsoft/120pages/index.html
>

> Well, it _could_ be that all the readers in comp.lang.python are utterly
> braindead morons with entirely dysfunctional sense organs so that they can't
> distinguish between 100% subject-matter-free sales promotion cheaptalk and
> objective information about "facts" from independent and competent third
> parties.
>
> It _could_ be.
>
> Anyway, if I were "PDG" of PC Soft, I would immediately fire their
> advertising staff - judging from the "content" of those "facts" they're
> totally incapable to produce anything that would actually convince anyone
> with an IQ higher than that of an average housefly.
>
> EOD.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending how you look at it, there are
plenty of people who can be convinced to buy software based on
completely specious "arguments" and "facts". It's well known that to
succeed in business you need superior marketing first: superior
technology isn't even on the list of essentials, though as Google
clearly demonstrates it can help a lot when used by intelligent people.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119