help on pickle tool

virg 06virg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 07:10:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

Yes, using python client we are able deserialize data using

r = pickle.loads(result).

where result is a response from the server and r is a dictionary after
deserialization.
For serialisation at the server written in python using
pickle.dumps(result, 2)

Now we are developing web based Client using java. So we are writing
client in java. If server and client are in python we dont see any
problems since we are using same serialisation tool "pickle". Now we
have seen problems because we are writing client in java. we did not
find equivalent function on java for this tool pickle. If i use
standard java desrialisation functions i am getting error as invalid
header becasue of incompatibility between python and java. Please help
me if you have any clue

regards,
- Virg