Exploiting Dual Core's with Py_NewInterpreter's separated GIL ?

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Wed Nov 8 13:55:47 EST 2006

sturlamolden wrote:

> 3. One often uses cluster architectures (e.g. Beowulf) instead of SMPs
> for scientific computing. MPI works on SMP and clusters. Threads only
> work on SMPs.

Following up on my previous post, there is a simple Python MPI wrapper
that can be used to exploit multiple processors for scientific
computing. It only works for Numeric, but an adaptaion to NumPy should
be easy (there is only one small C file in the source):

http://datamining.anu.edu.au/~ole/pypar/

If you are using Windows, you can get a free implementation of MPI
here:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich1/mpich-nt/