Python work in UK

Gerard Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 06:47:58 EST 2006

Will McGugan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd love to work in Python, for the sake of my blood pressure, but there
> doesnt seem to be that many jobs that look for Python as the main skill.
> I use Python at work from time to time, and occasionaly get to spend
> several days on a Python project but the majority of the time I use C++.
> How can I make that leap to working with Python? There doesn't seem to
> be many UK positions on the jobs section of Python.org or the usual jobs
> sites. Any recommended jobs sites or tips? (I have googled)

Hi Will

I recommend 'cwjobs.co.uk' and 'reed.co.uk'.  I got my current (Python)
contract through MCG recruitment (mcg-recruitment.com), and I've just
accepted a Python/Zope position through  sienared.com - both of these
are in London and came via CWjobs. I don't know about the rest of the
country but there is definitely pure Python work in London if you look
for it.

Good Luck.

Gerard