where do you run database scripts/where are DBs 'located'?

Sat May 13 14:49:44 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> John,
>
> Yep, different module. I'll watch the thread. Perhaps once you get
> connected, we should make a mini-HOWTO for XP users while it's fresh in
> your mind,  because this question seems to come up a lot, and beginners
> would probably appreciate a short howto that would perhaps detail how
> to set up either mysqldb, mxodbc, or both on XP and get Python talking
> to MySQL.
>
> I think no matter which you choose, you will benefit from downloading
> the mysql connector and adding your mysql db to datasources on XP. Then
> you can access the db just by using the name you gave it in the
> datasources panel, e.g. driv="bbdatabank"
>
> rick

Well, I'm not too sure I need to do this now. The problem wasn't
anything to do with mysqldb after all, it was just that my firewall
wasn't allowing the connection. But with the firewall off, everything
seems to work fine.